Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bonus Trailer - Mad Max: Fury Road

Once again, Tuesday has failed me. I pride myself in the alliteration that is Trailer Tuesdays. However, it seems that all major film studios feel the same way, releasing trailers for upcoming blockbusters while giving out free tacos (probably), thus causing my trailer reviews released that very day to already be out of date.

But I say, "No more!". No longer will I be made a fool by showing last weeks trailers. I will stand up and say, "I'm mad as hell! And I'm not going to take it anymore!"

"Unless you have a job for me. In which case GIVE ME A JOB!"

When I saw yesterday's newly released second trailer for "Mad Max: Fury Road", I was excited. I believe whole heartedly that this will be a better, more fun movie than "Avengers 2". Yeah, I said it. What are you going to do about it?!


OH SHIT! DID YOU SEE THAT?!

Unlike "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" which is going the overplayed, dark and brooding root, this film is very obviously taking the we-don't-give-a-shit-and-just-want-to-have-fun-and-make-the-craziest-most-unbelievable-movie-you-ever-saw root. And I think they pulled it off.

This is not a face of someone who is having fun.

Filled with characters who's designs inspired an entire genre of movies, this movie is not afraid to go back to it's roots of the madness that is the apocalypse. Every character has a unique design and a crazy accessory on their costume.

Are those real teeth?

Including the gnarliest chastity belt that gives the medieval times a run for their money.

…. not worth it.

And a guy who totally can't see what he's shooting at.

Helen Keller is a better shot.

Seriously, take a look at these stills I grabbed from the trailer and tell me that this movie isn't going to make you lose your mind…


Wait… is that a guy playing guitar in the bottom left?


Yeah, I guess so...

OH, SHIT IT'S A FLAME THROWER!!!

This movie definitely does not care about reality. And that is what is going to make it great! It knows what it is and owns it to an extent where it goes above and beyond! I for one cannot wait for this movie. I think it has potential to be the best movie of the summer.

"Mad Max: Fury Road" opens on May 15th.



No comments:

Post a Comment