Friday, May 20, 2016

Green Room (2015)

Written and Directed by Jeremy Saulnier
Starring Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots, Alia Shawkat and Patrick Stewart
After witnessing a murder, the members of a punk band are forced into a vicious fight for survival against a gang of malicious skinheads.

For whatever reason, I couldn't find a trailer on Youtube to embed on this review. But click here and check it out.

Blogger is being a piece of fecal matter right now so here is my short, but sweet review.
The setting alone for this film are enough to turn closed minded audiences away. But for those brave enough to venture into the theatre, (or in my case, just a fan of aggressive music) they will be treated to the most suspenseful film I have seen in a while.


There are no rules to this story. Everyone is fair game and I was honestly unsure of where the film was going. Which, in a world filled with cookie-cutter plotlines was like a breath of fresh air. Director Jeremy Saulnier created yet another masterpiece (GO SEE "BLUE RUIN") with his third feature film.

In his short career, he has birthed a sub-genre of horror/thriller movies that stand out amongst a sea of such films. I don't know what he calls them, but I hereby dub his genre "Boonie Slasher".
In a film this small, it is awesome to see someone like Patrick Stewart involved. And he is utterly terrifying.


GO SEE THIS MOVIE YOU IDIOTS!!!!
My Rating: 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment