Sunday, January 10, 2016

Macbeth (2015)

Directed by Justin Kurzel
Written for the screen by Jacob Koskoff, Michael Lesslie and Todd Louiso
Based on the Shakespearian play
Starring Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, Paddy Considine and Sean Harris

Macbeth, the Thane of Glamis, receives a prophecy from a trio of witches that one day he will become King of Scotland. Consumed by ambition and spurred to action by his wife, Macbeth murders his king and takes the throne for himself.


This is Shakespeare. There is little more to say than that. This adaptation, or rather interpretation of the classic Scottish play is how I imagine it was supposed to be portrayed.

The acting, as expected from the brilliant cast, is top notch with no flaws in my mind.

The cinematography is beautiful and perfectly captures the bleak landscape of Scotland.

The original score is haunting and perfect.


This is certainly my favorite version of any play by Shakespeare. But simply due to the consistency of which Shakespeare is replayed, I feel everything else I could say about this film would just be redundant.

My Rating: 8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment