Saturday, March 26, 2016

Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Directed by Zack Snyder
Written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer
Starring Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot and Amy Adams


A lot of Superhero fans were upset with me when I pointed out the Rotten Tomatoes score for this film. Some stated that film critics hate Super Hero movies (not true). Others stated that the then 33% (now 29%) was an exaggeration of it's failure. And while that may be true. Let's face it. This movie just wasn't good.

If you enjoyed it, that's completely different. Hell, I enjoyed it. But technically speaking, with editing, cinematography, acting and writing, it was one of the worst $250 Million dollar movies I have ever seen.

The acting was stiff, but that was expected. The writing was campy, as expected. Zack Snyder, a man who more or less invented steady cam action scenes, created sequences that were terribly shot and it seemed as if the camera operator was shaking under the weight of the camera. And the editing! Oh my, how it was some of the worst editing in recent memory. The film had very little flow and there were so many scenes that felt like they were cut short.


It was an enjoyable movie, but by no means was it a good movie. There were too many problems to forgive. And while I don't expect the average movie goer to notice, that is the reason I did not like it. The entire thing felt phoned in from what's supposed to be a professional cast and crew. It was as if they were forced into making it. For a film they've been teasing for decades, it was too little too late.

Thank God I don't have to pay for movies.

My Rating: 5/10





No comments:

Post a Comment