Thursday, April 2, 2015

It Follows (2014)

Written and Directed by David Robert Mitchell
Starring Maika Monroe, Keir Gilchrist, Jake Weary and Daniel Zovatto

A young woman is followed by an unknown supernatural force after getting involved an innocent sexual encounter.


When I first heard about this movie, I had no interest in seeing it whatsoever. But when it came out, I heard only good things. Everyone told me I should go see this movie. And what I watched on that screen was exactly what I thought it would be. It was just OK.

This movie was nothing spectacular, like I had been told. It was your average horror movie with young adults having sex and being stupid in creepy (not even scary) situations. The entity that followed the main character around was less intimidating than a spider. They stated several times "it only walks, no matter how fast you travel". I've had more intense chase sequences in Mario Kart.

"Why's it taking so long to get here?"

This film is not without it's positives. While at it's core, it is just your average horror movie, the plot is actually quite unique and at times it is quite suspenseful. It's just nothing to write home about. Granted, while I do see a lot of horror movies, I am rarely impressed with them. It's just not a genre that I love. I love them when they're great, but that's rare for me. So perhaps I'm not the best judge for horror movies.

My Rating: 6/10



No comments:

Post a Comment