Monday, April 6, 2015

Movie Trailer Tuesday - 4/7/15

Burying the Ex
Directed by Joe Dante
Starring Anton Yelchin, Ashley Greene, Alexandra Daddario and Oliver Cooper
A man regrets agreeing to have his overbearing girlfriend move in with him and she begins to change things without consulting him. Much to his surprise, slight dismay, yet overall satisfaction, she is killed when she is hit by a bus. During his grieving, he meets another woman who he quickly falls for, but is soon reminded of his past when his dead ex-girlfriend comes back from the dead as a zombie.


This seems like a major rip-off of "Life After Beth". It is the same exact concept with slight changes, so it can't even be called original. I'm not sure how to feel about this one. I like the cast and director. But to me, it looks like a much less inspired version of the Aubrey Plaza movie. We'll see. "Burying the Ex" has yet to receive a U.S. release date.



The Gift
Directed by Joel Edgerton
Starring Jason Bateman, Rebecca Hall and Joel Edgerton
A husband and wife try to reinvigorate their relationship but their lives are threatened by a "friend" from the husband's past who holds a horrifying secret about him, sending their world into a tailspin.


What appears to be Joel Edgerton's passion project, this movie seems all too familiar. It seems like your standard guy-stalks-family kind of movie. I love Jason Bateman, but I'm not sure if he could pull off a straight drama. But he may surprise me. We'll find out when "The Gift" opens on July 31st.



The D Train
Directed by Andrew Mogel and Jarrad Paul
Starring Jack Black, James Marsden, Kathryn Hahn and Jeffrey Tambor
The head of a high school reunion committee travels to Los Angeles to track down the most popular guy from his graduating class and convince him to go to the reunion.


In my mind, the only thing that interests me in seeing this movie is Jack Black. It's been a while since I've seen him in anything and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a fan of his. But other than that, this trailer didn't make me laugh at all. This could go either way. "The D Train" (Which I can't tell if they're meaning for it to be an innuendo or not) opens May 8th.



Masterminds
Directed by Jared Hess
Starring Zach Galifianakis, Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis and Owen Wilson
A night guard at an armored car company in the Southern U.S. organizes one of the biggest bank heists in American history.


If Jared Hess is the master of anything, it is awkward characters with bad hair. This movie seems to be no exception. It has potential to be funny with the plot and the cast, but it could also be a disaster. I'm going to try to remain positive and say I think it will be good. I hope I'm not wrong. "Masterminds" hits theaters August 7th.



Straight Outta Compton
Directed by F. Gary Gray
Starring O'Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins, Jason Mitchell and Aldis Hodge
The group NWA emerges from the streets of Compton, California in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes pop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood.


I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know anything about NWA. The extent of my knowledge of them is Ice Cube's filmography and that they hate cops. The songs of theirs that I've heard I've enjoyed, but it's not exactly my scene. But I love F. Gary Gray's work and I will see anything he does. "Straight Outta Compton" comes out August 14th.

Tune in next Tuesday for more trailers! If you have any suggestions for movies or even trailers to cover in next weeks installment, comment or message me on Facebook at:

www.Facebook.com/MDCHicks
or follow me on twitter
@MichaelDCHicks

No comments:

Post a Comment