Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Movie Trailer Tuesdays - 4/28/15

Area 51
Directed by Oren Peli
Three young conspiracy theorists attempt to uncover the mysteries of Area 51, the government's secret location rumored to have hosted encounters with alien beings. What they find at this hidden facility exposes unimaginable secrets.


Ugh…. UGH….. UGGGGGGHHHHHH…. This trailer is filled with cheap gimmicks and bad acting. I like the concept, but the execution seems to be half-assed. Modern horror/thriller movies have gone down the toilet with the found footage format. "Area 51" hits theaters May 15th.



The Visit
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
Starring Kathryn Hahn, Olivia DeJonge, Ed Oxenbould and Peter McRobbie
A single mother finds that things in her family's life go very wrong after her two young children visit their grandparents.


Confession time: I've got a soft spot for M. Night Shyamalan.  I have at least enjoyed all of his movies. Doesn't necessarily mean I loved them, but I did enjoy watching them. Though it is undisputed that this will not be as good or even close to "Unbreakable" or "The Sixth Sense", I am looking forward to this. "The Visit" hits theaters September 11th.



Mr. Holmes
Directed by Bill Condon
Starring Ian McKellen, Milo Parker, Laura Linney and Hattie Morahan
An aged, retired Sherlock Holmes looks back on his life, and grapples with an unsolved case involving a beautiful woman.


I was about to post the original trailer I had seen and tear it apart. It wasn't a very good trailer. But I found this one which is a huge improvement from the last. This one actually gets me excited for the movie, and having the song "Nero" by Two Steps from Hell is a plus! Seriously, check it out. It's beautiful. Now I'm actually looking forward to seeing this. And that, my friends, is the power of editing! "Mr. Homes" hits theaters July 17th.



Pitch Perfect 2
Directed by Elizabeth Banks
Starring Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow and Hailee Steinfeld
After a humiliating command performance at Lincoln Center, the Barden Bellas enter an international competition that no American group has never won in order to regain their status and right to perform.


This trailer made me laugh. A bit too much, actually. Having seen the first one, although I'm not crazy about it, it's actually making me look forward to this one. And worse comes to worst, I get to watch Anna Kendrick for two hours. And that's enough for me. "Pitch Perfect 2" hits theaters May 15th.




Black Mass
Directed by Scott Cooper
Starring Johnny Depp, Dakota Johnson, Benedict Cumberbatch and Joel Edgerton
The true story of Whitey Bulger, the brother of a state senator and the most infamous violent criminal in the history of South Boston, who became an FBI informant to take down a Mafia family invading his turf.


Damn, Johnny Depp! You scary! This just jumped up to my most anticipated fall release. My buddy had the chance to work on this film and that's just an added bonus to go see it! GO see Johnny Depp completely lose his mind on September 18th.


www.Facebook.com/MDCHicks
or follow me on twitter
@MichaelDCHicks

No comments:

Post a Comment