Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Movie Trailer Tuesdays - 5/5/15

Strangerland
Directed by Kim Farrant
Staring Nicole Kidman, Joseph Fiennes and Hugo Weaving
A family finds their dull life in a rural outback town rocked after their two teenage children disappear into the desert, sparking disturbing rumors of their past.


Dang! Australia produces some of the most interesting, gritty films. With this star studded cast, I believe this has the potential to be great. All three headlining actors have the talent to command a film. I look forward to seeing this when it hits theaters. It has yet to announce a release date though, which is unfortunate.



Irrational Man
Directed by Woody Allen
Starring Emma Stone, Joaquin Phoenix and Parker Posey
A tormented philosophy professor finds a will to live when he commits an existential act.


Honestly, I didn't think this looked all that great. Then I saw it was directed by Woody Allen and I became even less interested. I can't stand Woody Allen and I have yet to see a movie of his, acting or directing, that I didn't loathe. I honestly don't see what the appeal is in him. "Irrational Man" hits theaters July 24th, but I'll be watching something else.



The Last Witch Hunter
Directed by Breck Eisner
Starring Vin Diesel, Rose Leslie and Elijah Wood
The last remaining witch hunter battles against an uprising of witches in modern day New York.


I have a friend who summed this up perfectly. He said something along the lines of, "This is one of those movies that looks terrible, but I can't wait to see it". It does look terrible. But it looks fun as well. And it would be nice seeing Vin Diesel in a non Fast and Furious movie as well as Elijah Wood in something other than LOTR or where he plays a creepy sadistic killer. I look forward to this when it hits theaters October 23rd.




San Andreas
Directed by Brad Peyton
Starring Dwayne Johnson, Alexandra Daddario and Carla Gugino
In the aftermath of a massive earthquake in California, a rescue-chopper pilot makes a dangerous journey across the state in order to rescue his estranged daughter.


Whose ever idea it was to make a settlement on a fault line is a dumb ass. I will never understand why people choose to live in these kinds of places, then act surprised when a big catastrophe happens. All that being said, this looks ridiculous and fun. And that's all you really need from a movie with The Rock. "San Andreas" hits theaters May 29th.




Legend
Directed by Brian Helgeland
Starring Tom Hardy, EMily Browning and Teron Egerton
Identical twin gangsters Ronald and Reginald Kray terrorize London during the 1950s and 1960s.


You gotta love Tom Hardy in intimidating roles! He is so good at commanding the screen and making you fear for his enemies life or cheer for their death. The added element of the 1950s and 60s should add some interesting performances. I;m not sure how much of this story is true, but it definitely looks to be enticing. Unfortunately, there is no American release date, but if you're in the UK on September 11th, check it out!


www.Facebook.com/MDCHicks
or follow me on twitter
@MichaelDCHicks

No comments:

Post a Comment