Friday, May 15, 2015

Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)

Directed by Elizabeth Banks
Written by Kay Cannon, based on characters created by Mickey Rapkin
Starring Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, Brittany Snow and Hailee Steinfeld

After a humiliating command performance at Lincoln Center, the Barden Bellas enter an international competition that no American group has ever won in order to regain their status and right to perform.


This film did not miss a single beat, no pun intended, from it's predecessor. Where many sequels try to explain where the group has been since their last journey, and bore the audience with unnecessary back story, this movie just jumps right into the plot without hesitation.

In her feature length directorial debut, Elizabeth Banks shines at the helm of this film. She created a fun and humorous sequel to the 2012 film in which she had a small, bit part. Her talent as a director is unquestionable in my mind after witnessing this enjoyable musical ride.


What else is there to say about this movie? I mean, it doesn't have any deep, well thought undertones. It doesn't have any kind of agenda or opinion to give. It is just a fun, enjoyable movie. Despite my disdain for watching people sing solos (it makes me very uncomfortable), I found myself laughing and tapping my feet after those solos were over. And that's all this movie really wants to accomplish.

My Rating: 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment