Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)

Directed by James Foley
Written by David Mamet, based on his play of the same name.
Starring Al Pacino, Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, Ed Harris and Alan Arkin

An examination of the fast-paced, cut-throat nature of working in a real estate office.


Remarkable acting and superb writing run this movie. Without them, this film would be nothing. The story is not particularly interesting, unless you're big on sales. But the characters are just eccentric enough to keep you engaged throughout the whole movie.

I feel this would be more interesting to see as a play as it was originally intended. I found myself annoyed by all of the two-faced techniques of salespeople. Much like I do when I go to a car dealership. But that is not the fault of the film. It is the fault of the shit filled world that is competitive sales.

It's all about brass balls, apparently.

While this movie did infuriate me by reminding me how much I hate sales, I quite enjoyed it. As a fan of incredible acting and writing, there was nothing that would have made me dislike this movie. I just really hate sales and the people who work in sales. Scum of the Earth.

My Rating: 7/10



No comments:

Post a Comment