Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Movie Trailer Tuesdays - 3/24/15

Welcome back to Movie Trailer Tuesdays! This week, we bring back memories of trying to get the high score at the arcade so you could make your initials "A-S-S", I talk about my confusion of the story choice for the third installment of "Insidious", and we look at just how ridiculous "Mission: Impossible 5" looks. Here we go!

Pixels
Directed by Chris Columbus
Starring Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Peter Dinklage and Josh Gad
When aliens misinterpret video feeds of classic arcade games as a declaration of war, they attack Earth in the form of video games…


I'd be lying if I didn't say I think this looks awesome. It looks utterly ridiculous and filled with nostalgia. There is a 95% that this will be terrible, but screw it. I'll get excited for this one! I haven't been disappointed by a movie in a long time and I'm over due for one. "Pixels" hits theaters July 24th.



Man Up
Directed by Ben Palmer
Starring Lake Bell, Simon Pegg, Olivia Williams and Rory Kinnear
A woman who is mistaken for a stranger's blind date, goes along with the misunderstanding thinking it'd be harmless. But she finds herself caught up in the perfect relationship based on a lie.


If Simon Pegg made a movie in which he painted a room white with three coats over the span of an hour and a half, I would see it. He probably brings the most humanity to his style of comedy out of any actor I'm familiar with. So, I would see this for him alone. Lake Bell is just a plus. Even if she is doing a weird British accent (weird for her at least). "Man Up" will be at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 19th. No release date has been set for the U.S.



Insidious: Chapter 3
Directed by Leigh Whannell
Starring Dermot Mulroney, Stefanie Scott, Angus Sampson and Leigh Whannell
A prequel set before the haunting go the Lambet family that reveals how gifted psychic, Elise Rainier, reluctantly agrees to use her ability to contact the dead, in order to help a teenage girl who has been targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity.


This looks cool and all, but what happened to the family at the end of the second one? Where Specs and Tucker visit that hispanic family, and Elise Rainier (as a ghost) sees something in the shadows of the corner? That is what really intrigued me about a third installation. But now, they;re going back to before the first movie? I wanted the story they teased at the end of the last one. Oh, well… Maybe that'll be Chapter 4. "Insidious: Chapter 3" hits theaters June 5th.



Broken Horses
Directed by Vidhu Vinod Chopra
Starring Anton Yelchin, Chris Marquette, Vincent D'Onofrio and MarĂ­a Valverde
The bonds of Brotherhood, the laws of loyalty, and the futility of violence in the shadows of the US-Mexico border gang wars.


This definitely looks intriguing, but I can't say I'm impressed with the trailer. It doesn't help that it opens with James Cameron telling us to go see the movie. and I also feel it tells too much. But who knows. Perhaps this is just the tip of the iceberg. "Broken Horses" hits theaters April 10th.



Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation
Directed by Christopher McQuarrie
Starring Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg and Alec Baldwin
Ethan and team take on their most impossible mission yet, eradicating the Syndicate - an International rogue organization as highly skilled as they are, committed to destroying IMF.


"Hey! I have an idea for a 'Mission: Impossible 5'"
"We can't make another, Tom! How are we gonna top having you swing from a rope on the Burj Khalifa? It's the tallest building in the world!"
"Well, what if I and holding onto a plane… while it's flying!"
That's how I imagine the pre-production meeting for this movie went. And I'm not mad. This movie looks fun as hell and I am looking forward to seeing it. "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" hits theaters July 31st.

Thanks for checking out this weeks trailers. Be sure to come back next week when we'll have more. In the mean time, check out some of my reviews. You might find a movie you have never heard of before.



No comments:

Post a Comment