Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Movie Trailer Tuesdays 3/3/15

On this glorious Tuesday of winter bliss, it's a perfect day to stay inside, sit by the fire with some hot cocoa and check out this weeks trailers.

Ex Machina
Directed by Alex Garland
Starring Alicia Vikander, Domhnall Gleeson, Oscar Isaac and Sonoya Mizuno
A young programmer is selected to participate in a breakthrough experiment in artificial intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breathtaking female A.I.


I have been interested in this movie for quite some time. I am excited that it is finally coming out. With the awesome cast, along with the fact that it has a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes already, I believe this could be the Sci-fi thriller of the year. Look for it in limited release April 10th. This may be worth driving an hour to see.


The Cobbler
Directed by Thomas McCarthy
Starring Adam Sandler, Dan Stevens, Steve Bucemi and Dustin Hoffman
Max Simkin repairs shows in the same New York shop that his been in his family for generations. Disenchanted with his everyday life, he stumbles upon a magical heirloom that allows him to step into the lives of his customers and see the world in a new way.


This is the kind of movie that only Adam Sandler would take. While it doesn't look as bad as some of his previous work ("Jack and Jill"), I wouldn't go so far as to say it looks good. It looks watchable, but nothing more. I'm sure plenty of people will see it, myself included. Just don't go in expecting "Billy Madison" or even "The Waterboy". "The Cobbler" hits theaters March 13th.


While We're Young
Directed by Noah Baumbach
Starring Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, Adam Driver and Amanda Seyfried
A middle-aged couple running into their mid-life crisis befriend a couple in their 20s in an attempt to hold on to their youth.


Movies like this tend to go either way for me. I like the concept and I like the cast, but lately similar movies have been disappointing. I think Adam Driver and Ben Stiller will be awesome sharing the screen together, but only time will tell. "While We're Young" hits theaters March 27th.


Love & Mercy
Directed by Bill Pohlad
Starring Paul Dano, John Cusak, Elizabeth Banks and Paul Giamatti
The life of reclusive Beach Boys song writer and musician Brian Wilson, from his success of his highly influential orchestral pop albums to his nervous breakdown and subsequent encounter with controversial therapist Dr. Eugene Landy.


I'm not a fan of the Beach Boys- like, at all. But there is something about biopics that draw me in. The only question standing between me not seeing this and me seeing this is "can I stand two hours of Beach Boys music?" I don't think I can, but I'll try. I love Paul Dano and John Cusak more than I hate the Beach Boys. "Love & Mercy" his theaters June 5th.


Jurassic World
Directed by Colin Trevorrow
Starring Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Judy Greer and Vincent D'Onofrio
Twenty-two years after the events of "Jurassic Park", Isla Nublar now features a fully functioning dinosaur theme park, Jurassic World (THE NAME OF THE MOVIE), as originally envisioned by John Hammond. After 10 years of operation and visitor rates-- ah, who cares.... DINOSAURS!!!


I could sit here and dissect this trailer second by second, but in the end it's a movie I have been waiting 22 years for. Nothing will stop me from seeing this movie. It just looks so ridiculous! "Jurassic World" hits theaters June 12.

Tune in next Tuesday for more trailers! And remember to check out my reviews and share them with your friends. Or don't... that's fine too,


No comments:

Post a Comment