Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Movie Trailer Tuesdays - 3/10/15

As far as I'm concerned, if you talk during the trailers at the movies, you should be thrown in jail.


Pan
Directed by Joe Wright
Starring Levi Miller, Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara and Garrett Hedlund
The never before told (I think) story of how an orphan came to Neverland and discovered his destiny as the hero, Peter Pan.


This could go one of two ways. It could be mind-blowingly amazing and forever change the story of Peter Pan, or it could go the way of pretty much every other, much-too-late prequel and miss on every single level. I am actually hopeful for this one, despite my prerequisite skepticism of all Disney-esque movies (This was produced by Warner Brothers… Unless Disney owns them too!). Two things go through my find when watching this. Hugh Jackman looks like an energetic Nosferatu with hair, and Peter definitely does not adequately answer Blackbeard's question at the end of the trailer. "Pan" hits theaters July 24th.

Speaking of Disney...

Tomorrowland
Directed by Brad Bird
Starring Britt Robertson, George Clooney, Judy Greer and Kathrine Hahn
Bound by a shared destiny, a teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor embark on a mission to unearth the secrets of a place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory.


The teaser that was released a few months ago peaked my interest. But this killed any excitement I had in seeing it. It looks boring and generic, like it has nothing special to offer. Just another cash-grab for Disney. They already have the theme park built, so why not make the movie for it? I'm not hopeful for this one. "Tomorrowland" hits theaters May 22nd



Self/less
Directed by Tarsem Singh
Starring Matthew Goode, Ben Kingsley, Ryan Reynolds and Natalie Martinez
An extremely wealthy man, dying from cancer, undergoes a radical medical procedure that transfers his consciousness into the body of a healthy young man. But all is not as it seems when he starts to uncover the mystery of his new body's origin and the organization that will kill to protect it's cause.


I'm not sure how I feel about this one. It looks interesting enough to see, but it also looks as though it will just be another mindless action movie that thinks it's more clever than it is. It could really go either way at this point, so we'll see. "Self/less" hits theaters July 31st.



The Forger
Directed by Philip Martin
Starring John Travolta, Tye Sheridan, Abigail Spencer and Christopher Plummer
A thief works with his father and his son to forge a painting by Monet and steal the original. Together they plan the heist of their lives.


As of now, on IMDB this movie has a 7.6/10. But on Rotten Tomatoes it has a 0%. I don't usually go off of websites for ratings for that reason. I think this movie has potential, and I am willing to give it a shot. Do I think it will be a 7.6/10? I don't think so. But we'll see. "The Forget" hits theaters April 24th.



No Escape
Directed by John Erick Dowdle
Starring Owen Wilson, Lake Bell, Pierce Brosnan and Sterling Jerins
In their new overseas home, an American family soon finds themselves caught in the middle of a coup, and they frantically look for a safe escape in an environment where foreigners are immediately being executed.


Owen Wilson as an action star? I'm not sure if I can buy that. The premise looks interesting, although I have grown tired of movies that feel like they're trying to make Americans xenophobic. That won't keep me from seeing this, though. Owen Wilson and Lake Bell being out of their elements and in an action thriller is enough reason for me to check this out. "No Escape" hits theaters September 2nd.


Tune in next Tuesday for more trailers! If you have any suggestions for movies or even trailers to cover in next weeks installment, comment or message me on Facebook at:

www.Facebook.com/MDCHicks
or follow me on twitter
@MichaelDCHicks


No comments:

Post a Comment